At the central office of the National Operator "KazTransGas" JSC a traditional reporting meeting of the CEO with the work collectives took place, where the main performance indicators of the company were announced based on the results of 2017.
The reporting meeting was held in an on-line conference and heads and representatives of labor collectives of subsidiaries could take part in it.
Based on the results of financial and economic activities, Acting as CEO of "KazTransGas" JSC Kanat Kurmanaliyev reported. He noted the positive dynamics in almost all processes of the National Gas Operator. In particular, the main gas transportation amounted to 100,857.4 million cubic meters, including domestic transportation amounted to 17,344.1 million cubic meters, gas transportation for export - 17,712.6 million cubic meters. International transit amounted to 65,800.8 million cubic meters, and 17,742.7 million cubic meters of "blue fuel" was sold to the domestic market. By the results of the first half of the year, natural gas production amounted to 343.7 million cubic meters, gas condensate 20.65 thousand tons.
On September 11, 2017, the International Agency “Fitch Ratings” upgraded the long-term issuer default ratings (IDR) in foreign and national currency of “KazTransGas” JSC (KTG) and its 100% subsidiary companies - “Intergas Central Asia” JSC (ICA) and "KazTransGas Aimak" JSC - from "BB +" to "BBB-".
On September 26, 2017 “KazTransGas”JSC successfully placed Euro-bonds with a circulation period of 10 years.
In 2017, on gas pipeline “Kazakhstan-China” was the first to export of Kazakhstan gas to China, which has the fastest growing gas market in the world. Due to the beginning of exports to China, the volume of gas transportation for export increased by 1 billion cubic meters. The resource base for exports was gas supplied from the Kashagan and Zhanazhol fields.
Compared to 2016, in 2017 the volume of transportation increased by 14.5% (12.8 billion cubic meters) due to the increase in gas transit (by 7.5 billion cubic meters), including the Central Asian transit of “Gazprom”PJSC , and be in further due to transportation of gas for export (by 4.5 billion cubic meters).
In the reporting year, 4 high-power, high-tech compressor stations on the gas pipelines “Kazakhstan-China” and “Beineu-Bozoy-Shymkent” were launched in record short terms. With the commissioning of the “Bozoy” and “Karaozek” compressor stations, the design capacity of the “Beyneu-Bozoy-Shymkent” gas pipeline has been brought up to 10 billion cubic meters/ per year, which has helped to solve important tasks - to ensure the stability of gas supplies to the south of Kazakhstan and for export to the PRC .
Compressor stations No. 1 and No. 3 of the MG”Kazakhstan-China” have been put into operation, the "C" threads, due to which the carrying capacity has been brought up to 20 billion cubic meters / per year.
The booster compressor station "Akyrtobe" was put into operation with the possibility of supplying gas to the volume of up to 2 billion cubic meters of gas per year from the MG "BGR-TBA" in the MG "Kazakhstan-China".
On October 2, 2017, the main gas pipeline from the Kozhassay mineral assets to KS-12 MG “Bukhara-Ural” was commissioned.
As part of the development and modernization of the main gas transportation system, the following key events occurred:
- Since October 15, 2017, within the framework of the agreement, signed between “KazTransGas” JSC and “PetroChina International Company Limited”, Kazakhstan gas is exported to the PRC for up to 5 billion cubic meters.
- In December of 2017, the "Gas drying unit" was put into operation on the underground gas storage "Bozoy".
The work on expanding gasification and modernizing gas distribution networks in the regions continues.
- Within the framework of the project implementation "Modernization of gas distribution networks in Taraz" all five start-up complexes of the first stage of the project were put into operation.
- In 2017 the works on the project "Gasification of settlements and modernization of gas distribution networks of the Aktobe region" were completed. Ten settlements of the Aktobe region have been gasified in the framework of the project (Irgiz village of Irgiz district, Komsomol village of Aitekebi district, Bogoslovka village of Alga district, Akkuduk village of Khromtau district, Altyndy village of Mugalzharskyi district, Enbek village and Taldysai village of Mugalzharskyi district, village of Kosestek of Kargaly district, Zhaisan village of Martuk district, village of Uil of Uil district).
- On November 17, 2017 social facilities in Baikonur for the first time were connected to the gas supply system of Kazakhstan. To connect the facilities of Baikonur to the Kazakhstan natural gas of "KazTransGas" JSC all necessary infrastructure has been created.
- Within the framework of the project "Modernization, reconstruction and new construction of gas distribution stations in Mangistau region", 737.44 km of gas pipelines were built in 2017, including high pressure 383.65 km, medium pressure 47.65 km, low pressure 306,14 km. It was installed 6 automatic gas distribution stations, 23 gas distribution points, 28 gas stations. Completed and put into operation 11 objects. It is planned to extend the terms of the project until 2019 inclusively, by including additional works.
- For the period of 2015-2017 4 automatic gas distribution stations, 21 gas-block stations, 16 gas control cabinet units, 504 km of new gas pipelines were constructed, 720 km of gas pipelines, 2 automatic gas distribution stations, 15 gas-switch points and 17 gas control cabinet points were modernized and reconstructed within the framework of the Project. Five settlements are gasified (Beyneu village, Borankol, Batyr, Zharma, Baskuduk).
- Within the framework of the project "Gasification of settlements of the Kostanay region" in 2017, the village of Toguzak in Karabalyk district, in the village of Alchanovka, in the village of Antonovka in the Denisovskyi district, gasification in the village of Voroshilovka, Karabalyk township, the planned work on the further gasification of the city of Rudnyi has been completed.
The work on the implementation of projects of ¨KazTransGas¨ JSC in the innovation and technology sector continues.
On November 30, 2017, a new automobile gas filling compressor station (hereinafter – AGCS) was put into operation in the city of Aktobe, that is capable to provide all of the city's vehicles with compressed gas (compressed methane)
Within the framework of the implementation of the innovative pilot project "Mining methane of coal seams of the Karaganda coal basin", 3 exploration and 5 prospecting and evaluation wells were drilled; core samples in laboratories of the USA, China, Poland were selected and investigated. Intensification and exploratory well development were carried out; 3 pilot production wells are under construction.
In 2017, the 50th anniversary of the Central Asia - Center was celebrated, with the awarding of distinguished employees of “Intergas Central Asia” JSC, “KazTransGas Aimak” JSC, “KazTransGaz Onimderi” LLP.
Particularly, Kanat Kurmanaliyev focused on social issues. He noted that according to the results of 2017, the company's employees were provided with social support in accordance with the approved business plan. In addition to financial assistance for rehabilitation, workers received financial assistance in special cases; workers were paid social benefits, compensations and warranties, including sanatorium-resort therapy, recreation of children of workers in health camps within Kazakhstan, and so on.
It was noted that in "KazTransGas" JSC the special attention is paid to safety and labor protection issues, in the framework of the performed policy and instructions of "KazMunaiGas" JSC National Company in 2017 the activities in the area of labor protection, health and ecology were held.
Acting as CEO of "KazTransGas" JSC Kanat Kurmanaliyev also announced the main tasks and plans for 2018, saying that "KazTransGas" JSC will continue to implement all strategic goals.