Astana 10 July, 2012
In compliance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No.914 dated 5 July, 2012, KazTransGas joint-stock company is set to become national operator in the gas sector and gas supply industry.
In the capacity of the national operator, KazTransGas priority activity aims to ensure reliable supply of commercial gas to meet the domestic demand in Kazakhstan.
Functions of the national operator shall entitle KazTransGas to:
- participate in development and implementation of the master plan for gasification of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- exercise the priority right of the government for acquisition of crude and commercial gas;
- exercise the priority right of the government for acquisition of assets forming an integrated network for gas supply and sales;
- manage centralized dispatching center ensuring daily control of technological operation mode of the integrated network for gas supply and sales;
- undertake wholesale and retailing sales of commercial gas.
KazTransGas, JSC was established pursuant to the Resolution of the Government of Kazakhstan No.173 of 5 February, 2000 with the aim to streamline the operations in oil and gas sector. KazTransGas group of companies holds entities producing, transporting and trading natural gas and its products.
The volume of gas transmission in 2011 reached 110 552 million cubic metres, or 9% above the 2010 results. The gas sales volume for the same periods was 10 890 million cubic metres exceeding the same results of 2010 by 28 %. The year profit of the company in 2011 totaled to 39 951 million Tenge.
Public Relations Department
Tel: +7(7172) 552316